Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cranberry Muffins

I woke up this morning with the desire for a cranberry muffin. I don't think that I have ever had one and since most bakery muffins are not made with whole grains and healthy sweeteners. I needed to create a cranberry muffin recipe myself, which I just love to do anyway. After looking at about 7 recipes on-line and in some cookbooks that I have this is what I came up with. They are sooooo good I don't know why I ever waited so long. You have to try them, remember they are good for you too!



Cranberry Muffins
2 C whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
6 tsp. melted non-hydrogenated buttery spread
¾ C dried cranberries ( ½ C of the cranberries soaked in ½ C water)
½ C soy milk with 1 tsp. of vinegar
1 egg or egg replacer
1 tsp. orange zest
1/3 C agave

Mix all the wet ingredients together then add in all the dry ingredients until everything is combined. Spoon into muffin tins. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.

Cranberry Cream Cheese Icing
2 oz. cream cheese softened
1 tsp. soy milk
¼ C dried cranberries

Blend together in a small food processor leaving some pieces of cranberries visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment