Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Trish's Dishes is the first book I have ever written, though I do have plans for another. Acquiring the knowledge for this cookbook began when I was 16. In my early teens I had been diagnosed with and was being crippled by arthritis and, after many failed medical treatments, I looked to natural healing techniques. One was to change my diet; I needed to create a whole new lifestyle of eating to support my health. My changes were very successful and I became healthier then I was before. When I started a family I expanded my cooking routine with the need to create kid-friendly meals that encourage healthy growth.

I have compiled this collection of recipes by the request of clients to help them on their path to healthier eating. In this book I include whole food recipes that the reader may be completely unfamiliar with as well as traditional recipes in which I have replaced the unhealthy ingredient with ingredients that still contain their full nutritional abundance. I also give suggestions on personalizing recipes. Many of the recipes were created with the need to have "kid approval." What really makes this cookbook stand out is that encourage the reader to try new foods by including a section that informs the reader about the whole foods, what they look like with picture and where to buy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment